Monday, November 17, 2008

Fat Head of the Month/Jackass Car Person Move-Mending Fences

Thursday on my way home stay alive I was minding in all literal sense my business pedalling along in the bike lane. A huge Ford Explorer came along my left in passing at about double my speed when the passenger(fat head below) decided the smart thing to do would be to flick her smoldering cigarette out the window right at my front wheel with a loud verbal message, "Get on the side walk!" As the grit hit the lane in front of my wheel and the words sunk in I must admit that I saw red through my eye lids. Think about this, I normally do not mind such verbal and tobacco abuses when I am in the gutter on a road without a bike lane but here was a case where I was IN A BIKE LANE. I yelled, "No you F'n didn't!" in response because I felt like at that second that was all I had not knowing that within a half mile I would have more. The Explorer kept going all the way up to Sharon Amity where it got jacked up with the traffic stuck at the light. I rolled past the mumbles of hate and dropped the bike in the middle of the road with the good idea to take out my camera for the document. All of a sudden she came lurching out of the car and I backed up to keep her in frame. She was spewing stuff like, "your an idiot", "you belong on the sidewalk", "what are you doing with that camera?" Maam, you are making my day. As soon as I went around to take a picture of the plate so that I could report her for littering(371$fine) to the State Highway Patrol who would send her a written warning based on my witness she swung at me, missed and instead came in contact with the lens of my camera. Hunh? This lady must be crazy but not crazy lady. Maam, now you can expect a complaint filed against you in the Court House tomorrow. More anger she carried away back into the passenger seat, traffic still backed but my Lemond was laying in the road in front of this big car being driven by her even bigger husband. Move to the front, get the bike off the floor, holy shit he is gassing it right at me, don't move the Truth is with you. I was like a deer in headlights in the middle of the day, bike in one hand, camera in the other, finally he stopped 5feet from me. I saw him through the glass for the first time. More anger, parked car on the side road, man comes out with huge clenched fists and all I can think is change to AVI movie film mode, quick! Roll camera and you will save for ever the next 56 second barrage o'anger. I cannot share the film with you at this point because of something I cannot quite put my finger on but one day I plan to let it play for the world(all 4 of you) to see. It was the calmest I have remained during one of these interludes. Just filming you, so keep talking. A black man from the bus stop was now near and urged me to get out of there. I finally listened to what he was saying and beat it out leaving the Explorer and all of it's wit Stopped in the Stopped traffic.

Fat Head of the Month Getting out of the car
If you see this car pick up a cigarette butt and throw it back in the passenger window letting the occupants know that it is a 371$fine to do such and that you felt they needed it back just like RJ used to do on the coolest job in the world up in the Jar.
Weekend news, I did not get lost in South Carolina but instead in my back yard mending fences that help keep in our domesticated K-9 pack. Hours of twisting wire okay almost 3 hours of twisting and cutting wire bleeding sore fingers and chill in the air. Some more yard work and leaf control, the silver Maple has dropped them all. On Saturday Ms Arcen and I rode out of Dooleyville in the clouds after the rain but before the temperature dropped. I enjoy going on rides with her right out of the house and look forward to getting her off of Swamp Bike and onto her first big wheel ride.


7 comments:

Wookie said...

DAMN!!! You are more the man than me!!! Id be bustin that cars shit up in the middle of the street...nothing a U-Lock and lots of adrenaline cant fix...youre the Bigger man than me William!!!

The Big Bad Banker said...

Yowsers. The nerve of some people. I can't believe the lady actually got out of her car to confront you.

Billy Fehr said...

Jimmy-she did and Boots, I'm not more of a man than you are, I'm just in the Jar.....

Anonymous said...

With the swing and actual contact.... I'd be showing the film/photos to the char-latte po-po... and get fat head for assault, not littering.
~Eric (thankfully no longer a resident of the jar) W.

Billy Fehr said...

Eric,
I am thankful for you that you do not live in the Jar as well, for your own sake. In the words Of the Boss, "It's a real Death Waltz" especially choosing the bicyle as the day to day. Thanks for the tip, I have some thinking to do about this one.
Billy

tsc said...

Assault indeed. And general public indecency. Some people are beyond hope.
I hope you post the video, 'cause I'd love to gawk at it.

Arleigh Jenkins said...

Damn dude.

I'm glad you are okay and calm. I probably would of busted out her car window.