Monday, November 3, 2008

Sat-Warrior Creek\OMVT Sun-Sherman B-Ranch

Saturday Morning I was fortunate enough to be on the early'ish train out with Rich for the 93 mile drive north then slightly west to the Warrior Creek Trail. New trail, new for me anyways. We were meeting up with Paul(thanks for having us) and some of the Brushy Mountain folk who have been working on the revival of this area trail system. It was a chilly start as we all geared up in the parking lot, some complaining but not too much. The group rolled out nonchalantly on the asphalt and soon made a left into the trail. This new loop was a ton of fun, huge turns and berms both up and down the rolling terrain. The forest was clean, no development in sight even along the water of a clean reservoir. Some of the descending switch back bermed turns with drop offs on the outside were tricky on the mind but fluid in the ride. I met some people on the out and back portion from Berlin Connecticut who were working on a bridge as part of a pastoral project. After we finished the partially connected loop Dicky and I headed to OMVT for a bit more of fun swoopy trail riding before we headed back home at a very reasonable hour in the day....
Sunday I was able to get out to Sherman in the late morning and had the chance to Ride with Shannon around the RC twice and through the rest. Tons of adventure seekers were out enjoying the globally warm November day but the only other person I saw on a Single Speed was my riding buddy Ms. Lechner. All in all Sunday was a great ride too!

here are some images from Saturday....



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul at Magic Cycles in Boone told me that I should do this OVT/Warrior Creek with you or Dicky sometime. Maybe when I have the impossible occurrence of a weekend off. Let me know!
-joey