Friday, December 19, 2008

Urban Ick=Black Feet

Yesterday morning's Stay Alive was interesting due to the fact that it has been very foggy and London damp without real rain in the QC pretty much all week. The constant spray off the front wheel kept levitated 2 feet before my face and eyes for the entire commute. I watched almost in a meditative state thousands of little dancing beads of black water playing to the constant beat of my ride in to the tune of 10 mile. Black water, very black not clear as it is if it were raining but instead the carbon laden road grime was simply liquefied into what appeared to be black used motor oil and then it spun off the wheel for me to stare at. Spun, like time undone. When I got to the Coffee house De Bucks I noticed how gross my legs and feet actually looked which would explain why those folks were staring at them on the elevator, I caught the look of disgust on their faces in the reflection through the mirrored doors. I know, I know, get a front fender.


3 comments:

Doug said...

nice billy! today's ride was the same for me... thought i had somehow gotten a sun tan - only to find it was 30 miles of grime coating my legs...

Wookie said...

YOU NASTY BITCH! TAKE A BAFF!!!

The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

Yuck! Please be wearing proper footwear next time!