Friday, June 4, 2010

Noah's Memorial Day Portrait

I was jumping around from local blog to blog last night when I came across this image and caption posted below on the Meck Deck. The synchro is fine as long as I keep looking at it and making the connection to what is really happening all around me. There is not much to say on this fine damp Friday morning, instead I share with you this clear photograph created by Chip Somodevilla that looks deep into the emotional body of a Country at War.
A young woman lays down on the grave of U.S. Marine Corps Lance Corporal Noah Pier on Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery May 31, 2010 in Arlington, Virginia. Pier was killed February 12, 2010 in Marja, Afghanistan. This is the 142nd Memorial Day observance at the cemetery. Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images.

2 comments:

TheMutt said...

What a great photo. I've been to Arlington National Cemetery several times throughout my life (as both a civilian and a veteran), and it is indeed a humbling experience.

Billy Fehr said...

Mutt-Tea Total....