Friday, February 11, 2011

Intrinsic Obsolescence-Reality Check

Well, it's Friday and my job is so thoroughly enjoyable that I wish Monday was tomorrow.  In three sessions yesterday I was fortunate enough to see the new Zeitgeist film, Moving Forward.  To me, the first Zeitgeist film was completely brilliant and reaffirmed some of my feelings related to the big picture, the one I can see when I take a step back and simply look at it for what it is.  Feeling what is going on around me is no conspiracy, nor is having a thought based on that observation.

This second film is quite telling as well.  Different than the first, Moving Forward picks up in the now to see just how far progress has actually brought us towards the future.  Not us as individuals but as a collective culture existing on earth, a closed finite resource.  I do not want to give away too much about this film or sway you about it.  Instead, I highly recommend that each and everyone of you take the time to watch the document and make your own connections to what is really going on around us.  Oh, and of course if you missed the first one, it is available as well and as far as I am concerned is a must see.  No particular order of viewing is recommended...


Zeitgeist

[tsahyt-gahyst] Show IPA

–noun German .
the spirit of the time; general trend of thought or feeling characteristic of a particular period of time





Check out this smart handsome fellow with white paws.  Here is the email note exactly as I received it yesterday afternoon.  Sorry for the crappy image, I did not take it, I am only sharing it.  If you or anyone you know can help with a permanent safe home for this guy please contact me at whereonearthisbill@gmail.com and I will connect you to the source.  A soldier is going away and needs our help.  Please spread the word, this is a really smart dog. 

FREE BOXER: 
10 month old boy boxer. Neutered. House trained. Comes with crate and all toys. Free.
Owner in military, leaving for desert.

No comments: