Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MUSTACHE RACE

This shot was made sometime during spring of 2000 at the gates leading into Brevard Court, one of the oldest sections still remaining in Charlotte North Carolina.  The photographer is presumably retired CMPD Officer Jimmy Horne's daughter, however that has not been confirmed.  
And the Winner is, Jimmy Horne with the white lip.  For whatever reason Charlie is reportedly happy with his loss as evident with the shit eating grin on his mug.  Grinning like a mule eating briars, picture that metaphor for a moment.  As a side note, up until recently I thought the saying was, like a mule eating broth.  Thank goodness Swazy corrected me for the umpteenth time on that one.  For the last I dunno, like twenty years or so, every time I used that phrase, I just kept visualizing a large mule sipping on a white ceramic bowl of broth.  Go figure.

No comments: