Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beer Cooler-Cool Down

*THIS JUST IN TO THE TRAFFIC STOP STUDIO: REPORTS FROM THE SOUTHERN TIP OF THE SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND HAVE STARTED HERE, BE SURE TO FOLLOW THIS ONE BECAUSE IT WILL BE NO LESS THAN AMAZING*

For those of you whom have not yet met the South End Cool & Cool, let me introduce you. If you are ever looking for a place that is not the norm in Charlotte, stop in and take a seat under the apple tree where you will almost always find an interesting conversation.
I stopped in the other afternoon for some refreshing unsweetened(as if had been sweetened in the first place) Tea and to complain about the oppressive heat. Friend and Co-managing overseer Roberto suggested that I go into the walk in cooler to cool or kewl down. If you look closely you will notice that his eyes are closed.
Yes, I am in a walk in beer cooler at the Cool & Cool. I started to feel cool, cooler than it was outside big time. Lets see what they have in stock.
There sure is a lot of the malty beverage. What's that I see on the left at shoulder height?
Lance Armstrong, so must be the rest of his body if he drinks that watered down crap.
When I saw this guy staring at me I was reminded of that one time I met Fuzzy on a dark night in front of a trailer in Napa parked on the edge of an empty lot.
Scotch Beer?
HeY Bill, do you have this choice up there in Michigan? The night they drove ole Dixie down...
The guy in the big hat looks sort of like the Ghost of Jerry Reed or wait, is it Johnny Depp?
This beer is so watery that Lance uses it to hydrate while on his cross training runs.
Beer Trivia, do you know the answer?
Bikes and beer were a reoccurring theme in the beer cooler.
Fat Tire, that reminds me of my most embarrassing loss this year, perhaps ever.
Finally the butT wipers. I guess there is nothing like the taste of a cool refreshing formally American owned Belgian Beer...

4 comments:

Bill R. said...

Hey Bill. Yep, we've got the Great Lakes beer up in the 906. Too many of them and you'll go down...just like the Edmund Fitzgerald. The heat up here is bad this year...humid. But fall is just around the corner! ;-)

Jim said...

As they say, it's not just for breakfast anymore!

Billy Fehr said...

Bill,
I am glad that you realized I was saying, "Hey" not, "He" to you up there in the great state of Michigan...also a pleasure to know that you are still checking in.
OKATB-It saved the Irish during the famine and seems to help in this heat right now!

Jordy said...

dude, when you fall asleep in one of those things its hard to move when you wake up. no shit. that old rasputin is the way i'd go next time you purchase. and make sure you make that hand gesture right back at him for every one you drink.