Monday, August 16, 2010

Equestrianism

Frank back in early January on a Saturday afternoon having some transfer with the often moody and vexatious Muffin. As you can see not only does Frank run the farm property that was established before the not so Civil War, but Muffin came around.
Mein Schatz atop Brandy that same chilly day.
This summer she has spent almost all of her time between early morning and early evening, Monday through Friday out at the farm. I have noticed an undeniable change in her stature and her ability to continue growing stronger inside and out. Frank pulled me aside Friday evening after we watched her last summer performance and explained that he felt similar. "Where is the time going", he asked in North Carolina rooted drawl, adding that "she is holding herself more maturely than ever, like she can feel it." "That's great news, we are noticing it as well", I told Frank.

This is her leading Chaco, Frank's boy down to the big oval.
Chaco carries himself like a professional when he is quietly and physically communicated to.
Trot to canter in the wind below the sloped grassy rise, my kid is indeed growing.
Thad, your comment from my previous post rings loud and clear. This girl has a few best friends of the horse variety.
Walking Chaco back to the stable to untack(I am not sure if that is the appropriate terminology and she is not near me to ask) him and let him cool down under the shade of the trees out in the pasture.

8 comments:

jeff said...

Beautiful animal. And a joy to see your young lady handle him with such grace and poise.

Billy Fehr said...

Thanks Jeff.

Doug said...

very nice Bill. and yes, they grow up way too fast - i'll spare you with the "i can remember when's"

Billy Fehr said...

Thanks Doug. I know what you are saying and hear you loud and clear...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this dad. It's awsome I love you.

Billy Fehr said...

Well, I love you as well.

tsc said...

Untack is correct. You are in for some monetary expenditures, my friend!!! If Ms. Arcen needs any used gear (boots, attire, etc), I'd be happy for my old stuff to go to a good home.

Billy Fehr said...

Tsc-call me, 704.575.4791 or send me a note. Would love to ge her some future gear!