Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mercification Mother Ship has Landed, it is Alive


Jeff Mercer, the local Friend/Blacksmith/Artist I have been talking about has created a prototype SS 29'er made of OX Platinum tubes from True Temper with the modified design of my Mt. Zion. Jeff and I met 10 years ago at a bike race in the cold rain in February, it seems as if a short time later he and I went to Moab and camped higher than I ever had while we enjoyed a 7 day bike vacation in the high desert. Can you hear the vibration when you lay there alone?-That is the sound of love. I got the call this morning that the frame was alive and that we were ready to build her up for my trip out west to SSWC08 via Downeyville as Squire to TEAMDICKY later in the middle of this week. This Mother Ship has been built with my parts and some of those from Matt Smoke's Bin of Death at Ultimate Bicycle in Mathews NC. I cannot think right now, I am sort of dumb founded that this is happening. I feel part of something bigger that is within all of us, something that is sort of out of my control yet already written and in design. There were a few small issues in bank terminology to get through in today's build as one could imagine with something so the first of it's kind. I am going to emergency order a 26.8 seat post from Thompson that will hopefully make the flight and me feel tons better about what is under my butt. I need Some Mercer decals and off we go to the wild, wild west.
Tons more to follow but right now I have to slow down and think......
right now my thought is this:
I believe in death there is transfer, there would have to be, light speed transfer to what is better in the cosmos. Reincarnation the answer, from experience what is lived in transfer only magnifies the reality that death is the ultimate transfer to the light of truth which is why so many people describe near death and back again experiences as the light they are drawn to. No sound, no pain, only light and what is truth.
Rest Peacefully wrapped in the Warmth of light-Aunt June, I know you are at Peace and feeling safer than you could imagine, please say hello to Stella for me, tell her that I love her and I have not forgotten.

5 comments:

erika said...

i can envision you riding and hovering over the earth like some sort of prophetic, feral, mountain-man phantom on that beautiful bike!

erika said...

I can totally envision you gliding and hovering over the terrain like some prophetic, feral, mountain-phantom on that beautiful bike!

erika said...

oops. -thought the first comment had been lost in cyberspace...

The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

THAT FRAME IS DOPE!

Anonymous said...

I think this bike will PUMMEL!! the competition..