Monday, April 6, 2009

Sunday Sherman B-ranch

Meet Boots, he finally decided to get out from under my rear wheel and go on a ride with me at a local park yesterday. See his little red boots? Straight back from Denver following the path to new open doors this former-EX(for extreme) Denver, Charlotte, Denver Messenger was in fine form on his Cannondale CX fly ride going up and out of the twisty hill on the Roller Coaster.
Notice the mad skill and upward power possessed by Boots aka the Denver Nugget.
Here he is rolling with a high cadence through the Bamboo section just before the rice patties on the left.
Apparently this hand signal Boots is giving me on the connector to the Lake Loop is Colorado for 'Pick up the pace William, I'm on a CX bike you know. '
All rides Count, this being the first one with Boots since his return from the Gateway city to the west made it all that more special. True to form Josh the Wonder Boy pulled a no show and/or call so he missed the short bus ride after we gave him 15mins. The air was as good as it gets for such a polluted space and time and the sun felt closer to me than it was last week even though it should be slightly further away.

8 comments:

Wookie said...

the hands were saying "OMG! Really?!" the gut's gotta go!

cornfed said...

I thought St. Louis was the Gateway to the West? Egads, someone put the Arch in the wrong damn city!

The water tower in Clarksville, TN says "Gateway to the New South". I've not been to New South, but I imagine it's a lot like New Mexico, only different.

Billy Fehr said...

Thad-
Please don't let my ramble confuse you or the ones responsible for putting the Arch in the wrong city. However, Denver's geographical position and Federal Level Authority(ie: Federal Courthouse System) has the mile high shitty often referred to by those who work it on a bike as the Gateway to the west. Remember I do have a disclaimer on my blog, it is right under the picture of my legs and it is surely not my fault that they did put the Arch in the wrong city!

Jordy said...

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/30/obama-in-denver/

paragraph one . . . who wants to F with the Times? Now finish your breakfast...

Billy Fehr said...

Brilliant work Jordy, I owe you a beer or a glass of corn flavored drink!

The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

did you get your ears lowered?

Wookie said...

my man Jordy! always lookin out for the Boots!

Billy Fehr said...

Heck Yea I lowered them myself the morning after Vallentoon's Day all the way to the scalp. What was left got sent away to perhaps help out, 12inches of clean sun bleached DNA banded together with 3 ties.