Friday, June 27, 2008

Header Image(Brave Sir Cubby) + Runner Up!


A week ago this morning at roughly 0833hrs I dropped my last mail, rolled up on the Square of downtown Charlotte and saw the above seen. At first I figured that Cubby was the bravest man Charlotte for being more than half naked sitting in a kiddie pool like everything was okay. I watched in disbelief as the productivity based society went on around Cubby as normally as if the sight was no more alarming than if I had set myself on fire after dowsing myself in gas right next to him.
I took out the camera and commenced to documenting what was going on in the Jar. At one point Cubby turned and looked right at me asking, "Who do you work for?" Through the glass I said, "Whereonearthisbill.blogspot.com, of course" He smiled and gave the wave that is in the header runner up above. The very next day I got an email from Cubby letting me know that he saw his picture on my blog which he thought that was great and that my blog was interesting. All you ladies and/or guys out there dreaming about strapping on your smallest bikini to join Cubby for a body rubbing dip in that little kiddie pool filled with baby oil, send me a note and I will pass it on. I hear he works for free.
PHOTOGRAPHER'S USELESS ART NOTE: Behind Cubby in the top image is The infamous wheel of Charlotte(it was in Hell Raiser the movie). You have to understand that the artist who created it saw it as his visual interpretation of man. So it is man or woman, humanity whatever...not one or the other but all mankind, right? I think I have a small grasp of the understanding of the artist's creation. When I was taking the image I was seeing and if you look closely you will see in the composition a reflection(click make big to see what I was seeing) of the wheel in the Bank Of America Plaza behind it. So, Man's reflection is in the window, the window is lined with the buildings framing which gives the impression of bars in a jail cell. Now the artist's gold wheel rendition of man in reflection is trapped behind the bars of the incarceration of existence while Cubby shares his body with us.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Oil? Are you kidding? If the Charlotte wheel has meaning.... which I could never figure out.... Maybe you can tell me, why was cubby sitting in a kiddie pool filled with baby oil?
~Eric

Jordy said...

more useless art notes!

Billy Fehr said...

yea eric i was kidding about the baby oil just trying to add humor to an already ridiculous situation.....sorry for any metaphorical misrepresentation that i may have conveyed. it was water in the pool, horrified wet water and when cubby got out of the pool his lovely assistant asked a close by cop where could she dump what was left in the pool, not stuck to cubby's hairy body and/or shorts....the friendly officer said that it would be okay just to dump the resource down the gutter and in to the drain....